Lower School Campus Project
LOWER SCHOOL CAMPUS PROJECT
Opening January 2024
We are DEEPENING OUR ROOTS and REACHING NEW HEIGHTS!
In the summer of 2022, Westmark School broke ground on a new and expanded Lower School campus. The promise of this long-planned project is bold: to create an optimal learning environment that matches the excellence of our academic programs for young learners with language-based learning differences.
The Lower School Campus Project is the springboard for Westmark to extend our reach and grow our impact. Representing a major investment in early intervention, the new facility will enable us to increase Grades 2–5 enrollment while maintaining small class sizes and low student-teacher ratios. Coupled with our plan to increase tuition assistance, Westmark will be able to welcome many more neurodiverse learners from across Greater Los Angeles so that they can access Westmark’s highly specialized, research-based curriculum and thrive in our innovative, inclusive environment.
ABOUT THE DESIGN
To help us achieve our vision for the Lower School Campus Project, Westmark School engaged world-class architectural firm NBBJ and industry-leading builders Suffolk. Every square foot of the two-story structure has been designed with the student top of mind. Highlights of the inventive design include:
- Ten classrooms reflecting the ecology best suited for a variety of distinct learning styles and differentiated instruction
- Outdoor areas that promote a connection to nature
- New theater to encourage creative expression and build self-confidence
- Dedicated occupational and speech therapy room
- State-of-the-art technology to support teaching and learning
- LEED® certification
View the architectural renderings below to envision our bright future!