EXPECTED SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING RESULTS (ESLRs)
Westmark School students exhibit self-confidence/self-esteem, and exemplify literacy as they become…
SUCCESSFUL COMMUNICATORS WHO...
• Use oral, written and creative forms of expression to communicate information, ideas, and emotions
• Utilize technology to enhance communication
• Receive and interpret the communication of others in an effective manner
SELF-DIRECTED LEARNERS WHO...
• Demonstrate responsibility for self and others
• Assess needs and learning styles and apply appropriate strategies and utilize these effectively to set and achieve goals
• Reflect on experiences and apply the knowledge gained to plan for the future
• Accept responsibility for own behavior and actions
• Demonstrate ability to complete assignments and projects independently
RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY WHO...
• Contribute time, energies, and talents to improve the quality of life in our school, community, nation and world
• Promote mutual respect, appreciation, and acceptance among people of different backgrounds, cultures, and abilities
CRITICAL THINKING / PROBLEM SOLVERS WHO...
• Use technology effectively
• Design, implement, and evaluate appropriate strategies to solve a wide variety of problems
• Use evaluation, synthesis, and analysis to establish and apply criteria to support judgment
• Apply complex problem-solving processing and critical thinking to real-life scenarios while cooperating and collaborating with others.