Counseling and Wellness
Counseling & Wellness at Westmark
At Westmark, we value the whole child which, along with their academic potential, includes their social, emotional, and physical wellbeing. We want students to feel connected, secure, confident in themselves and their abilities, and cared for as individuals and as members of the Westmark community.
The School Counseling Department supports all students by:
- Providing individual and group counseling support for students in need
- Fostering students social and emotional development
- Teaching students the tools and mindsets to be their personal best both in and outside the classroom
- Providing appropriate outside referrals
Student Social and Emotional Learning (SEL):
In the Lower, Middle and Upper School, the Counselors teach and/or promote:
- Neuroscience and the impact on social, emotional, and physical well-being
- Valuable life skills in areas of social and emotional learning
- Eye to Eye Mentorship program
- Parenting with a Difference Series
"We are grateful to guide and nurture all Westmark students to their full potential, building positive personal growth within themselves and their communities."