- Back to School Celebration
- Annual Gala Event & Auction
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Sports / Athletics Banquet
- Grade Level Representatives (GLR's)
- Year-Round Committees
- Sign Up!
Back to School Celebration
Hosted by the school administration, the Back to School Celebration is our big welcome-back party and an opportunity for parents to re-connect with old friends and acquaint themselves with new ones. We will need several parents to lend their generous support with light set-up and clean-up duties as well as greeting parents upon arrival.
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
What a wonderful way to say thank you to all the teachers and staff for their dedication and devotion to our children all year long! This luncheon takes place in the spring. We need volunteers to organize the event, decorate tables, and help make our teachers and staff enjoy a relaxing catered lunch.
Grade Level Representatives (GLR's)
We need one or two parents from each grade level to act as a communicator with other parents in your class. These reps will send out emails &/or phone calls to remind parents of upcoming school functions, sports events, parent education meetings, WPA meetings, school trips, special dress days, etc. You will act in conjunction with the school as a liason for communication between the school, teachers, and the parents in your grade, reinforcing information they might send out or need sent out in a timely manner to the entire class. This is NOT for personal communication or intervention among parents, but only as an aide to communication relating to Westmark.
- This team of bakers provides delicious refreshments for many of our Westmark events during the school year such as: Parent Education meetings, school play, talent show, Sports Banquet, etc. If you love to bake, and don't have much spare time during the day, this is the committee for you!
- This committee will help recognize joyous events and honor challenging times for our Westmark families. The Sunshine Committee is intended to communicate to the parent population regarding any Westmark family in need of temporary help during a family emergency. Westmark parents have been amazingly supportive of this committee and the families have truly been grateful for its existence.
Volunteer At Large / Mailer
- These volunteers will be called upon on an "as needed" basis. You will need to stuff envelopes, send out invitations, decorate for an event, or fill in as extra help with any of our school functions. This is a good opportunity for people with irregular schedules.
Lost & Found
- These volunteers find all sorts of treasure in our Westmark Lost & Found! Duties include sorting clothes on a monthly basis, organizing, identifying and returning “named” articles. Unclaimed pieces will be donated to Goodwill.