- Dress Code for Free Dress
- Transportation (Bus/Carpool/Parking/Dropoff & Pickup/Student Drivers)
- School Supplies List
- No Pupil Dates
- Nut Policy
For the 2016-2017 academic year, Westmark School will require families
to purchase school uniforms from Lands End or Target.
THE WESTMARK LOGO IS NOT REQUIRED ON THE UNIFORM POLO.
However, if you wish to add the logo, Land's End will provide that service for an additional fee.
All clothing must fit modestly and be neither too tight nor too baggy.
Underclothing must not be visible.
Jewelry, body art, piercings, or hairstyles deemed to be a danger
or a distraction to the learning environment are not acceptable.
Consequences for uniform infractions are outlined in the student handbook.
COLORS, STYLES AND ITEMS
These are the colors, styles and items of the Westmark School uniform:
Pants and shorts must be SOLID NAVY BLUE OR SOLID KHAKI; Skirts and skorts must be SOLID NAVY, SOLID KHAKI OR BURGUNDY AND GREY PLAID
Belts (optional) should be brown or black with no studs or designs. Students may not wear sweatpants, leggings without a skirt, denim, or athletic wear for the academic day.
They must be no shorter than 3 inches above the top of the knee. Solid navy or black leggings may be worn underneath; however, the shorts, skorts, or skirts must still be the designated length.
Polo and Oxford shirts must be SOLID NAVY BLUE, WHITE, OR BURGUNDY. The midriff must not show when the student raises his/her arms over his/her head. Students may wear a solid navy or solid white t-shirt underneath the polo, but the polo must remain on at all times.
Sweatshirts, sweaters, windbreakers or light jackets must be SOLID NAVY, HEATHER GRAY, or SOLID WHITE and must have a polo shirt underneath. No logos are permitted. Heavy winter coats may be any solid color. Scarves of any color are permitted.
WESTMARK UNIFORM OPTIONS AT A GLANCE
Dress Code for Free Dress Days
Student Council guidelines for Free Dress dress code are as follows:
- In general, clothing should be appropriate for the school environment.
- Skirts and shorts must be worn to uniform length, no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Shirts and tops must be school appropriate: no strapless, spaghetti straps, or bare mid-drift shirts. Undergarments may not show.
- Clothing should not be ripped, overly baggy, or close fitting.
- No logos or accessories that promote illegal or gang related activities are permitted.
- No open toed shoes are permitted.
Westmark offers the following bus routes through our contract with Tumbleweed:
- ALTADENA/VENTURA CORRIDOR:
- WEST VALLEY:
- RANCHO PARK/BEVERLY GLEN:
Rancho Park/Holmby Park/Beverly Glen
- WINDSOR HILLS/LA:
- SUNSET EXPRESS:
Westmark also provides a Late Bus which departs school at 5:00 p.m. to accommodate after school activities. Details will be provided upon request. For information regarding bus transportation, please contact Jenny Young at extension 310 or email@example.com.
In order to reduce the school's traffic footprint in the neighborhood, we now require all families who wish to drive their students to school to have at least two Westmark students in the car. Carpool drop off begins at 7:30 am each day ; carpool pickup begins at 2:45 for Lower school students and at 3:00 p.m. for Middle and Upper School students.
If your family is interested in a car pool, please contact Jenny Young at extension 310.
Single student drop off and pickup
For those families who cannot carpool or use the bus transportation provided, we will accommodate individual drop-offs and pickups with staggered drop-off and pickup times. Individual students can be dropped off before 7:30 a.m. and be picked up at 3:20 p.m.
Parking on Killion
Visitors, parents, students, and faculty, will be prohibited from parking on Killion Street. This change will help to decrease congestion around the the entrance and exits of the campus, while increasing safety.
Drop off and Pick up
In consideration of our neighbors and to promote student safety, all students will be required to be dropped off and/or picked up on campus. This will include ALL divisions of the school (i.e. Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools). Students may not park or be dropped off on surrounding streets and walk onto campus.
We ask that you purchase the following school supplies for your child to bring to school on the first day. We use the "Westmark Organization System" in all classes, so it is important to stick to this list. Teachers will let students know which other materials are required for specific classes.
- 1 strong 2 inch 3-ring binder ("better binder" by Staples is recommended)
- Notebook dividers (clear plastic, single sheet style with pockets is recommended)
- Lined, 3-hole-punched notebook paper
- Adhesive reinforcements for hole-punched paper
- Pens and pencils (pencils are required for math)
- Highlighter markers
- Zipper binder pockets or holder for pens and pencils (the kind that goes in the front of the 3-ring binder)
- Graph paper
- Colored pencils and a separate carrying case or zippered pouch
- Simple scientific calculator ($15 - $20)
To facilitate your planning purposes, please note the following holiday non-pupil dates -- dates on which students do not report to school -- for the 2016-2017 school year. Additional dates will be posted soon. Please check the school calendar regularly for updates.